Artist Post: Jodie Mack

With her work, Jodie Mack strives to create art that combines traditional media and modern ideas. She uses 16mm film, along with collages and certain noises that relate to what she has put together. Though it may seem random, everything Mack creates has been chosen for a particular reason. She merges random (and sometimes horrible) sounds and random (and sometimes strange) images to create beauty. Dusty Stacks of Mom: The Poster Project demonstrates this perfectly. It begins with a comical video of a woman messing with a tube of some sort, with twinkling music playing over it, and then transitions into a collage of various scraps. What Mack essentially does is provide animation to things that could simply function as just stills, and the way she does it is hypnotizing.

Jodie Mack is GOALS. I looked through her entire online gallery, and every single piece of hers just made me light up with happiness. Everything she has made that I have seen is beautiful. It speaks to my personal aesthetic in such a way that it makes me want to just create amazing things that make people happy. The colors she uses, along with the cheerful music of many of her pieces, are incredible and flow so well together. The music featured in Unsubscribe #4: The Saddest Song In The World is something that I would listen to on a regular basis, and the graphics in it are also exactly the sort of things that I love. Another piece of hers that I totally adore is Parrotsaver, because it is so visually pleasing and fun to watch. Plus, it reminds me a lot of scrapbook paper which I really like looking at and buying, even though I rarely ever actually scrapbook ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SOURCES:
(1)(2)