I worked my butt off completing this project. Overall, I’m REALLY pleased with how it turned out in the end! There are a few things I would have done differently throughout the process, but animation as an art might not be as bad as I thought it would be…
Please, please, PLEASE look at my final animation below! Show it to all your friends! Bring it out at family gatherings! I just want the world to see what wonderful art I am capable of creating. I worked very hard on it, so everyone should know about this incredible Jurassic Party!!!
I am almost positive this took me much longer than fifteen hours, but I didn’t time myself too closely. Also, the clocks in the studio don’t work, and I thought it was midnight for about 5 hours so that messed me up a little. Anyways, the fifteen hours is broken up below the cut!
So, I’m gonna make this very clear right from the start: I’m not an animator. I’m not a drawer. Give me something to Photoshop, and I’m your gal, but this project was absolutely horrendous for me to work on. I also used up a bajillion of my Post-Its making drafts.
But anyways, check out my final product below!
This assignment frustrated the living daylights out of me, because I had to rework every idea that I came up with and my version of Photoshop Elements made making animated gifs very tricky. Fortunately, I got the hang of it and these three looping gifs are what were made.
See them below the cut!
This was the first (and probably last) time where we actually had to print our work out. I was worried it would be trickier than it actually was! We had to make a postcard from a fictional or inaccessible place, so I did Asgard, which is the world that Thor lives in.
The requirements were to have at least one appropriated image, one photo that you have taken, and one scanned image. I appropriated the photo of Asgard and Thor’s hammer, Mjolnir. The photo that I took is a picture of a sunset over the ocean. The images that were scanned were a collection of comics and scrapbook paper I had.
Check it out below!
For this project, we had to take various pictures of ourselves and then compile them into a single frame. So far, this was the trickiest assignment for me, but I’m still pleased with how it turned out.
My basis and inspiration was how work gets done in a group project. There never fails to be a phone-obsessor, a micro-manager, a slacker, and the person who actually does the entire project on their own.
See my final image below!
This project assignment was to create a representational composition and a non-representational composition from objects that we had found and scanned.
The objects and I used and my final images are below!
For our second project, we had to use three supplied images, find three more images, and use our knowledge of Photoshop to create an original work at 72 DPI.
The images I messed with and my final product are below!
Our project assignment was to create three 800×600 images with 72 DPI using only one Photoshop tool.
Below is what I came up with!